Frosh Football not used in 2014 from System WELCOME... to Xavier Football. This page is a good starting point for any freshman interested in Xavier Football. Be sure to check out info below on this entire page, and follow the links, for important info pertinent to Xavier Frosh Football. Some links may be added this summer.
Players, inform your parents about this web page on the new, System web site, and remind them of all items of importance found below!
Dave Adamovich will again be the head frosh football coach. PARENTS -- CONTACT COACH ADAMOVICH VIA E-MAIL
IMPORTANT LINKS -- for Frosh Players & Parents Apparel - order deadline: Aug 6 Camps finished for summer 2014 Concussion - info see ImPACT Test below Equipment Handout scroll down this page ImPACT Test - required Map / Xavier coming Physical Exam - required Requirements - Eligibility Schedule & online XHS Calendar Weight Room - SAQ finished for summer 2014
ELIGIBILITY MEETINGS --- held already. For a parent and for ALL athletes in ANY sport this school year If you and your parent missed a meeting, please contact the Xavier Athletic Director.
IMPORTANT INFO -- for Frosh Players & Parents
MARK YOUR CALENDAR 1. MONDAY, AUG. 4 ImPACT Test -- Required for all student-athletes. 3:00 p.m. at Xavier. Report to Xavier about 2:45 p.m. Bring the completed form, SIGNED by a PARENT. ImPACT TESTING ---- INFO & FORM
2. MONDAY, AUG. 4 Meeting for Frosh Players & Frosh Parents Starts at 5:00 p.m. in the Blue Gym at Xavier. Enter via Door # 11 near the Blue Gym and Dennis Oudenhoven Prayer Garden behind school, or, enter via Door # 14 near the game field and behind school. The meeting is expected to last about 20 minutes.
Equipment Handout -- for Frosh Football Players 5:30 p.m. -- after the meeting in the Blue Gym. Report to Shed A -- on the game field at Xavier... off the parking lot along the west side of the school. Anyone with braces may want to obtain and bring their own, special mouthguard... purchased on your own... prior to the first practice. Also, BRING your required paperwork to the equipment handout!! Allow about 30 to 60 minutes, or until about 6:15 or 6:30 p.m., to get your equipment and turn in paperwork.
The final ImPACT Test date before football starts is Aug. 4. If you were unable to take the test in June or July.
3. TUESDAY, AUG. 5 The FIRST day of practice for frosh football. Be dressed and "on the field" by 4:30 p.m. Wear shorts, t-shirt, socks, & football cleats plus helmet and mouthguard. Bring your own water bottle, if you want. Arrive early enough, so you're not late!!
4. PRACTICES --- DURING THE SEASON Typically, from 3:30 p.m. until about 6:00 p.m. Sometimes practice will end at 6:30 p.m. and other times it will end at 5:00 p.m. Any change will be communicated via the frosh coaches. Will be from 4:30 to 7:00 the first few weeks, until school starts.
5. DOOR # 11 Usually, all student-athletes should use Door # 11 near the Blue Gym and football practice field to enter-exit the building. Also, if you will be picked up and/or dropped off, ask the driver to use Door # 11, which is near the Dennis Oudenhoven Prayer Garden.
6. REQUIRED ITEMS Be sure to MAKE PLANS NOW to have a PHYSICAL EXAM. It is REQUIRED BEFORE THE FIRST PRACTICE. Also, plan to take the ImPACT Test on Monday, Aug. 4, at Xavier. It's easy, free, and done via a computer with the Xavier Athletic Trainer.
Also, make sure that at least one of your parents attended a mandatory meeting, held this summer, with the Xavier A.D. This meeting is IN ADDITION to the meeting on August 4. Other items & forms are also REQUIRED. Plan Ahead !!
7. QUESTIONS Please contact the Xavier Athletic Director or one of the frosh football coaches with any question(s). Do NOT contact any of the Varsity or JV coaches. The frosh staff coaches' names will be announced this fall. Dave Adamovich will again be the head frosh football coach.
8. ALSO Be sure to tell your parents about the meeting for frosh parents and frosh players... starting at 5:00 on Monday, Aug. 4 in the Blue Gym at Xavier. The meeting this past spring was for incoming 10th thru 12th graders.
Freshmen players may report to football AFTER the first practice. Contact any of the Frosh Football Coaches at Xavier for details.
And, get your FOOTBALL CLEATS NOW --- and start wearing them, to break them in BEFORE football starts.
More items may be added to this page. Please check back.
The image below also shows Door 1 for Volleyball, Basketball or Wrestling.
Traffic eastbound on Hwy 10 now has a *new* ramp to northbound Hwy 41 towards Xavier. And, there are now *new* ramps to get from Hwy 41 to head east OR west on Hwy 10; use those ramps instead of Hwy CB west of Appleton. Those ramps at Hwy 41 and Hwy 10 will make travel time to and from Xavier much faster.